Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Military Kids Express their Gratitude

Last week, the Comfort Crew was honored to be a guest speaker at the Operation Military Kids Navy Adventure Camp right here in Austin, TX. We talked with military kids about journaling and expressing your feelings. One of the exercises was writing a letter to a deployed service member. Check out what some of the kids wrote:

Dear reader,

Thank you for doing everything you can in your power to protect our country. You make me and many others feel safe every day. My name is Jacob and I am a military child. I understand about the hardships undertaken by you to protect our country daily.

Thank you for what you do,
Jacob
---
My name is Samantha and I’m 12 and live in Monterrey, California. You are a hero! Thank you so much for serving for our country. I know what it’s like to be away from a family member no matter what position you’re in. I’m a military child; my dad’s in the military and he’s deployed right now. Trust me it’s hard but I know you can get through this.

To the greatest luck for a soldier!
---
Dear Hero,

Thank you for all your service you have done for our country. Thank you for sacrificing all of your time and energy into protecting our country. My name is Natasha and I am 17 years old. I really hope that my words will help to uplift and encourage you even though I am still very young. However, even though I am young, I understand how much it takes for you to do what you do. I hope that one day I can make as much of an impact on as many lives as you do. Thanks from Virginia Beach! =)
---
Hey,

My name is Daniel. I am 17 years old. It may not cross your mind very often, but believe me when I say that every single person that is affiliated with the military thinks about you at one point every day. You are most definitely not forgotten and we can’t wait until you guys get back. Even though I don’t really know you, I have no problem letting you know that you are my HERO and I should wish to get the chance to do something as honorable and meaningful to the world as what you do. You should look forward to seeing your family when you get back, but if you have nothing else to look forward to, think about sinking your teeth into your first BIG MAC when you return.

-Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment